What information will be needed for the application (and how it's kept private)
Anything you submit over our website is 100 percent, fully secure. And we never, ever share it with anyone except by permission -- that is, if you're giving us information you want us to use to get you the best loan, we use that information to tell mortgage lenders about you and convince them to loan you money. In turn, those mortgage lenders are bound by federal law to keep your information secure.
Here is a list of the information mortgage lenders will use to consider your loan application.
For all loans
- Social Security Number, for borrower and co-borrower if any
- Residential history for the last two years.
- Employment History
- For the last two years, employment dates, addresses, salary.
- Current pay stubs and W-2 forms for last two years.
- Check and Savings Accounts and Certificates of Deposit
- Name of bank and approximate balances
- Address of bank if out of town
- Last 2 months' statements
- Stocks, Bonds, and Investment Accounts
- Company name and address, description of stocks, bonds, etc.
- Last 3 months' statements or copies of stock certificates
- Retirement Plan
- Approximate vested interest value
- Copy of latest statement
- Make and model of automobiles, their resale value
- Other Assests
- Items you would like us to consider
- Liabilities and Other Non-Mortgage Debt
- Creditors names and account numbers
- Monthly payments and balances
Other income information you may need
- If you're self-employed
- Last two years federal tax returns, both company and personal if separate.
- If you have income from:
- Rental Property
- Notes Receivable
- You'll need to provide the last two years' personal federal tax returns
- If employed in family business
- Personal federal income tax returns and all schedules for the past two years
- If divorced or separated
- Complete executed divorce decree and settlement agreement
- If you choose to have this be considered as part of your income (you don't have to), be prepared to provide evidence of receipt for the prior 12 months.
If you own real estate
Name and address of all mortgage lenders for the past 24 months, account numbers, monthly payments and balances
- If you've sold your home but not closed:
- A copy of the sales contract
- If you've sold your home, closed, and you will use the proceeds for your new down payment:
- A copy of the HUD-1 Uniform Settlement Statement or Closing Disclosure
If you rent
Name, address and phone number of landlords for the past 24 months
If you're buying a home
- Purchase sales contract or offer to purchase and all addenda
- If a source of your down payment is a gift:
- Name, address and relationship of donor.
- Gift funds will be verified in both the donor and recipient's accounts.
- Note: Not all loan programs allow gifts to be part of your down payment.
For FHA Financing
Evidence of Social Security Number and photo identification
For VA Financing
DD214 and Certificate of Eligibility
For Construction/Perm Loan
Signed construction with cost breakdown, builder plan and specifications