Loan Application Checklist:

In general, the documentation you will need includes:
  (Check the boxes of the items you will need)

Property Information (for purchase transaction)
Purchase Agreement (if you already have a contract on a home).
Copy of your earnest money check.
If you are selling your current home, copy of listing contract will be helpful.
If you have sold your home, copy of the settlement statement or Closing Disclosure.

Income & Assets

Pay stubs for the last 30 days.
  For the past two years:

Names and addresses of each employer.

All W-2s and/or 1099s
Statements for each bank, mutual fund, and/or investment account for the last two months.
  If you have made any large deposits to your accounts:

Explanation letter and source for any large deposit.

If the large deposit was a gift:

Signed gift letter (we can help you with this).

Copy of gift check.

Copy of deposit receipt.
  If you own 25% or more of a business:

Corporate or partnership tax returns for the last two years (with schedules & attachments) as sent to the IRS.
  If self-employed:

Tax returns for the last two years (with schedules & attachments) as sent to the IRS.

If available, Year-to-Date Profit and Loss Statement prepared by an accountant.
  If you own rental property:

Tax returns for the last two years and current rental agreements.
  If you are retired:

Copy of your Pension Award Letter.
  If you receive Social Security:

Copy of your most recent Social Security Award Letter.
  If you are counting child support as income:

Copy of divorce settlement with all agreements.

Copy of cancelled child support checks or proof is has been received for the last 12 months via the Child Support Registry.


Names, addresses, account numbers, balances and monthly payments on all new loans or those not reporting on the credit bureau.
Explanation of credit report anomalies, including:

Late payments, credit inquiries in the last 120 days, charge-offs, collections, judgments and/or liens.

Bankruptcy filed within last seven years (provide a copy of your bankruptcy papers).

VA Loans

Copy of Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or DD Form 214, Report of Separation.


Copy of a Photo ID such as driver's license or unexpired passport.
If you are not a citizen, a copy of the front and back of your Permanent Resident Alien card.
Copy of Social Security Card is normally needed for an FHA or government loan.
Any additional information you think would be helpful in getting your loan approved.